Archipelago Technology Group
Archipelago Technology Group is a small, growing company, founded in 2012. We develop technology for a range of sectors, including printing, coating, and high-value manufacturing. Several of the projects are now entering the prototyping phase, especially in the areas of digital deposition of fluids and the supply of power in wet environments.
The role will involve leadership of technological projects: it will require practical work, liaison within the company, and interaction with suppliers and clients. The role will provide an opportunity to develop technical and commercial expertise within an innovative and collegiate environment.
We are looking for a practical, hands-on, technologist – someone who can plan and run experiments, design and build prototypes of precision tools and systems, and, preferably, write code.
Imagine an enthusiast who enjoys, and is good at, tinkering with old motor cars – an MG sports, for example. They will be happy to move between fields (for example, between electrical and mechanical engineering) as the need dictates; they’ll be prepared to try things out; they will neither need nor want constant supervision; and, above all, they’ll get a kick out of getting things to work.
Well, our technology is a good deal more sophisticated, precise, and cutting edge than an old MG (and also less proven!) – but the above mentality is essentially what we are after.
In addition, our ideal intern will:
• possess strong academic qualifications in a directly relevant field, such as engineering, materials science, or physics;
• exhibit an attention to detail;
• thrive in a time-sensitive environment − working to demanding time scales and meeting deadlines;
• possess effective interpersonal communication and advanced literacy skills in English;
• possess excellent technical skills in such areas as coding and use of 3D design software.